Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Winger's at Home

Welcome to this blog! I hope that we can all share some great recipes and ideas here. I think we all get a little bored cooking the same things night after night, but it can be intimidating to try new recipes. Have you ever tried something new, hated it, and ended up sending your husband out for pizza instead? Hopefully we can avoid that whole scenario by sharing our tried and tasty recipes here.

The first one I'd like to share is Winger's sauce. I got this recipe from Deals to Meals. I loved it. We used it for wraps and salads last week. YUM-O!

2 1/2 c brown sugar
1/3 c Frank's hot sauce
3 T corn syrup
1/2 c apple cider vinegar (I used white, it tasted just fine)

Ok, so it's not the healthies thing : ). I used it sparingly and it was still delicious!

I made oven baked chicken to use the sauce with. I got this from Allrecipes.

chicken breasts (cut into pieces) or tenders
1 cup dried bread crumbs
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 cup mayonnaise thinned with milk

Preheat oven to 425 degrees
In a bowl mix together the bread crumbs, garlic powder, salt, pepper, & thyme.
Coat the chicken pieces with mayonnaise mixture. Place chicken pieces in bowl/bag with bread crumb mixture and coat/shake until well coated. Place chicken pieces in a lightly greased cookie sheet and bake for 30 minutes or until juices run clear.

Enjoy!

Tamara

3 comments:

  1. Hey Tamara!! I love the blog! It looks sooo cute! I will have to put up some yummy recipes here in a bit! I love my tacos and I made them last night! oh...lol...I was just going to tell you I couldn't see the lime green text and then the lined paper background loaded! So...nevermind!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited you started this! I will for sure contribute to it! I get so sick of the same stuff! This is going to be great! That sauce looks awesome by the way! My husband will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is going to be a great resource for me!! What a great idea!!

    ReplyDelete