Sunday, April 12, 2009

Gobble Up Granola Snacks

Here's another one I found on Allrecipes.com that I have been making alot lately. I love them!

2 1/2 c crispy rice cereal (I made half of this puffed brown rice to add more fiber--I got it at Walmart)
2 c quick cooking oats (I made half of this rolled oats, for the same reason)
1/2 c packed brown sugar
1/2 c light corn syrup
1/2 c peanut butter
1 tsp vanilla extract

raisins, chocolate chips, etc.

Combine the brown sugar and corn syrup in a pot and heat until boiling. Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter and vanilla until smooth. Combine with cereal and oats and stir until well coated. Turn out onto a cookie sheet. When it has cooled a bit, you can form it into a "sheet", adding in chocolate chips or raisins, etc. When completely cooled, cut into bars.

Tamara

2 comments:

  1. These were quick and easy! Thanks
    I used all rolled oats - don't have quick oats, and 2 c puffed brown rice then 1 cup puffed kamut (Think of sugar smacks without the sugar) I added a few craisins, raisins, pecans and chocolate chips. YUM!
    I'm thinking of making a rocky road or smores type with a few mini marshmellows added next time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are horrible in that I eat too many. This time I made them like the recipe said -loved the crunch added by the rice crispies. They were great. I added cranberry, almond and unsweetened coconut. Yum!

    ReplyDelete