Monday, April 6, 2009

Pork Chops and Rice (or Chicken and Rice)

My family is really into dutch oven cooking, but you don't have to get out the charcoal for this one. We use a 10" dutch oven with lid in the oven for this (I got it for my husband for our anniversary at WalMart for about $20), but I'm sure that you could use an ovenproof pan and lid, or even just a regular baking dish.

6 pork chops (or chicken pieces/breasts)
2 cups rice
2 tsp. salf
1 onion, chopped
4 cups water
2 cans of cream of mushroom soup (or cream of chicken if using chicken)
1 tbsp. oil

Brown pork chops (or chicken) in dutch oven with oil and onions. Pour rice over the pork chops (or chicken) and stir well. Add soup, water and salt; and mix well. Cover and bake at 350 F for 30 - 45 minutes. All the liquid will be absorbed when it is done. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Cooked it for 50 minutes and still full of water?? What should I do?

    ReplyDelete