Sunday, April 5, 2009

Super Yummy Meatballs

I'm on a huge new-recipe kick (hence this blog). I came across this one on Allrecipes.com a couple of weeks ago. It was called "The Best Meatballs You'll Ever Have". It was their featured recipe and had really good reviews, so we tried them today with spaghetti. They weren't kidding. These are really, really good!

Karley, who posts on here too, is a total kitchen master. She told me a while ago about how you can freeze meatballs by putting them on a cookie sheet in the freezer and then transferring them to a bag once they're frozen. I plan on making a huge batch of these soon and freezing them.

Here ya go:

INGREDIENTS
1 pound lean ground beef
3/4 cup crushed seasoned croutons (or seasoned bread crumbs)
1/4 cup chopped sweet onion
1 egg, lightly beaten
2 cloves garlic, chopped
3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon prepared yellow mustard
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (for my kids' sake, I'll leave these out next time. I thought the meatballs were perfect, but kids are more sensitive to spicy stuff)
1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning (I mixed up my own. I found the combo here on Allrecipes)
1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon butter

DIRECTIONS
In a large bowl, mix the ground beef, croutons, sweet onion, egg, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, red pepper flakes, and Cajun seasoning. Form the mixture by hand into meatballs.
Heat the olive oil and melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Place the meatballs in the skillet, and cook, turning constantly, 20 minutes, or to desired doneness.

Tamara

2 comments:

  1. Oh tamara you are too nice - I just love food thats all - I don't know about a master......if you want to make a big batch of these you can always bake vs pan fry then they would freeze up nicely...I think this site is going to make me hungry

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that I will try these this week while the girls are home on Spring Break. I agree - you've got to keep it different for meals and such, or you'll get into a rut! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete