Sunday, April 26, 2009

Chewy Chocolate Cookies

So in my attempt to find a substitute for the ever evil smart cookie co chocolate cookie with white chocolate chips, I decided this would recipe would have to do. As I didn't want to drive that far and I wanted to make something I had all the ingredients on hand, I found this little beauty on the back of the reeses peanut butter chip package - thats how I made it and it was delicious, but I've decided it would be just as tasty with white chocolate chips instead, so feel free to try either or both if you really need a chocolate fix.

2 c. flour
3/4 c. hersheys cocoa
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1-1/4 c(2-1/2 sticks) butter softened
2 c. sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
1-2/3 c(10oz pkg) Peanut butter or white chocolate chips

Heat oven to 350 degrees

Stir together flour, cocoa, baking soda, salt. Beat butter and sugar in large bowl with mixer until fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well. Gradually add flour mixture, beating well. Stir in peanut butter or white chocolate chips.

Drop by rounded teaspoons onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 8-9 minutes. Do not overbake; cookie will be soft. They will puff while baking and flatten while cooling. Cool slighty; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely. About 4-1/2 dozen cookies.

Karley

2 comments: