Sunday, May 16, 2010

Slow Cooker Meatloaf

I have never had much luck with meatloaf and I am nearly 40 years old. I know, what could possibly be so hard about making meatloaf? Mine was NEVER completely cooked! I always followed the recipe to a T, but for some reason, it just didn't click.

However, I stumbled across a recipe (and now I can't find it), and I will never bake a meatloaf in the conventional oven again!

This is what I made today:

1 lb ground beef
1 lb ground turkey
2 eggs
2 Tbs Worcestershire Sauce
1 onion chopped
1 cup quick oats

Mix it all together and form into a loaf in your slow cooker/crock pot (whatever you call it).

Spread some of your favorite barbecue sauce on top.

Cook on HIGH power 3-4 hours, or LOW power 6-8 hours.

Mine cooker has a timer and goes to "Keep Warm" after the timer goes off (very nice when you go to church for 3 hours). When we came home, I spread another layer of barbecue sauce on top (used Famous Dave's Sweet and Zesty).

HINT: I read (and now I believe it) that if you let your meatloaf sit for 15 minutes after it's done cooking, it will be easier to cook.



No comments:

Post a Comment