Thursday, May 27, 2010

Fast Enchilada Sauce

O.K. So made this last night and its so easy I may not ever buy enchilada sauce again, because I generally have all this stuff on hand - I double the batch because I dip my tortillas in the sauce and I mix the chicken in a little sauce...then I add a little sour cream to the rest of the sauce and dump it over the top and top with more cheese....I've decided this would make the best cheese enchiladas. I've also decided this would make a great canning recipe - yum!!

Makes 2 1/2 cups and only takes 15 minutes
1tbsp vegetable oil
1 onion, minced
1/2 tsp salt
3 tbsp chili powder
3 garlic cloves, minced
2 tsp cumin
2 tsp sugar
2 (8oz) cans tomato sauce
1/2 c. water
pepper

Heat the oil in a 12 inch skiller over med heat until shimmering. Add the onion and salt and cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Stir in the chili powder, garlic, cumin, and sugar/ Cook until fragrant, about 15 seconds. Stir in the tomota sauce and the water. Bring to a simmer and cook until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.

Karley

3 comments: