Saturday, May 8, 2010

slow cooked mac 'n cheese

I saw this recipe in my taste of home slow cooker book a while ago. I posted it on my food blog fearsfood.blogspot.com a couple of months ago.  Went back to make it again this week because it is my favorite home-made mac 'n cheese that I've found so far, and it is also low fat.  Soo good.  I like it sprinkled with a bit of pepper.


Ingredients
  • 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
  • 1 can reduced-fat evaporated milk (12 oz)
  • 1 1/2 cups fat-free milk
  • 1/3 cup egg substitute
  • 1 tablespoon butter, melted
  • 8 ounces reduced-fat Velveeta, cubed
  • 2 cups (8 oz) shredded dharp cheddar cheese, divided
Directions
1. Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. While macaroni is cooking: Reserve 1/2 cup cheddar cheese and mix remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Mix in the macaroni
2. Transfer to a 3-quart slow cooker coated with cooking spray. Cover and cook on low for 2 3/4 hours to 3 hours or until center is set, stirring once. Sprinkle with remaining sharp cheddar cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment