Sunday, November 8, 2009

Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal

I found this recipe at http://www.goodlifeeats.com/. Yum. I like it.
Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal

1 cup old fashioned oats, not quick cook
1 Tbs whole flax seeds, optional
2 1/2 Tbs brown sugar, packed
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp allspice
1/8 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp lemon zest
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp vanilla
2 tsp butter, softened
3/4 cup pumpkin puree
3/4 cup milk

Topping:
1/4 cup pecans, chopped
2 tsp butter, softened
1 Tbs brown sugar
(I skipped the topping to cut down on sugar and fat content)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Combine the oats through salt in a medium sized bowl. Stir well. In a separate bowl, combine the vanilla, butter, pumpkin, and milk. Whisk thoroughly. Pour the pumpkin mixture into the oats. Stir until combined. Pour into small square baking dish. Bake at 375 degrees F for 10 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. Ooh, I have to try this one. I've tried another pumpkin pie oatmeal and wasn't impressed. This one intrigues me because it is baked in the oven.

    Also just and FYI for you ladies - I just started my own recipe blog more for myself than anything. It is still pretty sparse, but I hope to start putting most of the stuff I try on there with a rating of how well I liked it and my suggestions of things I may want to do next time. I'm hoping to sort of organize my recipes there. It is fearsfood.blogspot.com if you want to check it out.

    ReplyDelete