Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Chicken Pot Pie Pockets

I decided to try something new (and I didn't think about taking pictures, sorry). I was in the mood for homemade bread and chicken pot pie. So I decided to marry the two!

The shell:
My favorite homemade wheat bread dough.

The filling:
1 26-oz. can cream of chicken soup
1/2 package of frozen mixed vegetables

Easy, huh?

I make bread dough one loaf at a time (because that's how big my food processor is, yes, I use my food processor). Divide the dough into 8 equal parts. Roll each ball out thin and cut in half, you may have semi-circles or triangles, we ended up with both because my kids were helping me.
Place approximately 1/2 cup of filling in each and fold dough over and pinch shut to prevent too much spillage.
We ended up with 16 "pockets" on two cookie sheets.
Cover and let rise for about 25 minutes.
Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes (check the bottoms of the pockets to make sure the dough is cooked. I was following my bread recipe which said to bake for 25 minutes and I had to put the pockets back in for another 10-15 minutes to bake the bottoms.

These were a huge hit with my kids, my brother AND my husband!

I hope you like them, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment