Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Yummy Quick Potato Rolls


I've never made rolls this quickly before--way easier than using Rhodes. The roll in the picture is the only one left, and I'm eating it right now. Mmmmmmm!
Here's the recipe:
1/2 c warm water
3 tsp. active dry yeast
2 T. sugar
1/2 c sour cream (heated to lukewarm)
1/2 c mashed potatoes (I used instant. Also lukewarm to keep the yeast going)
1/4 c butter or margarine, softened
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
3 c white flour (don't use wheat, I tried it and it wasn't a good substitute)
Mix for approximately 5 minutes. Add more water or flour as necessary. Dough will be soft and not sticky. Divide into rolls and place on greased cookie sheet. Spray with Pam, cover with Saran, and let rise until double in size (it will only take about a 1/2 hour).
Bake for 8-10 minutes at 375 or until golden brown on top.

1 comment:

  1. Found your blog off of a friends. These rolls look yummy and I like that they are quick to make - I am definitely going to make them.

    ReplyDelete