Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Death by Chocolate Cake

Jacquie made this for us the other day and it is the best chocolate cake I have ever eaten! My kids say it is almost like brownies--because it is so moist. She baked it in a bundt pan and served it with whipped cream. Perfect!

DEATH BY CHOCOLATE CAKE
3/4 c sour cream
1/2 c oil
1/2 c water
4 eggs
1 chocolate cake mix (any kind, but I like dark chocolate or chocolate fudge)
1 small package instant chocolate pudding
1 c chocolate chips

Combine sour cream, oil, water and eggs on low speed in mixer. Add cake mix and pudding mix. Mix on low for about 1 minute until combined. Scrape bowl and beat for 2 minutes on medium speed. Add chocolate chips and mix on low until just combined.Pour into greased and floured bundt pan and bake for 45 minutes at 350, or until a toothpick comes out clean (be careful not to mistake the chocolate chips for undone cake :) Turn out on cooling rack just after removing from oven. When cool, sift powered sugar over the top. Serve with whipped cream.

Tamara

2 comments:

  1. I keep trying to find a good chocolate cake recipe, I will have to try this one. I bet the sour cream makes is really moist!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is making my mouth water.....

    ReplyDelete