Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Jello Cake with Pudding Frosting

So, I assume everyone has made a jello cake, but then I find some people have never tasted it's deliciousness and its one of my fav's, I just made it for my baby girl who just turned one and she LOVED it- I also found a new recipe for a pudding frosting in the lastest Kraft magazine which gives the classic cool whip topping a kick. Here goes.....

1 bx white cake mix
1pk jello any flavor - I like the 6oz box cause I like a lot of jello in mine, but you could use either
1 pk 3.9 oz Instant Pudding mix - I'd use vanilla here but you can use any flavor
1 cup cold milk
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1 tub cool whip

First bake the cake mix according to the box directions in a 9x13 pan. A little trick to make your cake more moist is to switch out the water for milk - its optional. After the cake is done let it sit out and cool - about an hour. Then poke it with a fork all over and all the way through in the pan - kids like to help with this part. Then check your package of jello - make the jello using half the normal amount of water listed on the box for standard jello prep. Pour the jello over the cake; yes its o.k. , fill all the holes and just our it everywhere - kids like to help with this part too. Then put your cake in the fridge and let the jello set 3-4 hours. Then take a seperate large bowl and mix / beat the pudding mix, sugar, and milk all together. Stir in cool whip - frost your jello cake and its ready to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment