Saturday, September 5, 2009

My Favorite Burger

So I love this burger I bought taste of homes healthy cooking - may edition mag and wouldn't you know I can find the most unhealthy of all the recipes to love because I used the full fat versions instead of the lighter ones listed, of course. The first time I made it I loved it, so went to make it again and wouldn't you know couldn't find where I put the magazine, then I went online to find the recipe and you have to have a subscription to look at it online - didn't have a subscription....just bought the one mag - can't explain that to a website.....so after much hunting here it is I found it - hope you love it too - and no joke the name of the recipe is my fav burger - I didn't make that up.

1/4 c. grated onion - mine didn't want to grate so after turning part of an onion to mush - I would just finely chop this
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1 lb. lean ground beef
1 c. sliced fresh mushrooms
1/2 c. sliced sweet onion
4 kaiser rolls, split
4 oz. fat fat -free cream cheese
2 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled

In a large bowl, combine the onion, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into four patties. If grilling the burgers, coat grill rack with cooking spray before starting the grill. Grill covered, over medium heat or broil 4-6 in from the heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 160 degress and jucies run clear. Meanwhile , in a small skillet coated with cooking spray, cook and stir mushrooms and onion over medium heat until onion is golden brown. Grill rolls for 1-2 minutes or until lightly toasted. Spread rolls with cream cheese; top burgers with mushroom mixture. Sprinkle with bacon.


yum, yum, yum!!
Karley

No comments:

Post a Comment